pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Visa Whoa!

"Patience is a virtue." - Mr. Seiler

My sixth grade science teacher said this all the time. A virtue is a quality that one should be desirous of possessing. As Martha Stewart would say, "it's a good thing" - unequivocally. If that's not enough for you, the saying has Biblical roots (Galatians 5:22) - it's a "fruit of the Spirit" (along with love, joy, peace, kindness, self-control - all pretty awesome). So, yes, I'm convinced. I surely agree. I just wish I had considered this before I decided to essentially harass the Spanish Consulate for my visa...

After reaching the peak of frustration with seeing my fellow auxiliares' whiplash-inducing return times for their visas earlier this week, I was emboldened to email Consulate - just to check, ya know? I was surprised that she emailed me back because Consulate is pretty particular about how and when you address her. I received a simple response: "Mrs. Clark, your visa has been approved. Kind regards." Aside from the whole "Mrs." thing, I was excited! The random red rash that popped up on my chin the day of my physical wouldn't be keeping me in the States, after all!

"I got no patience. And I hate waitin'." - Jay-Z

Well...I wasn't sure if "approved" meant "ready." For the record, they are not synonymous. The kind man at the window who helped me when I showed up unannounced this morning reminded me that I was just here on July 17th, and was told to wait a month. *insert sheepish cringe* Despite that, he pulled some strings to get my visa printed up today, and instructed me to return later to pick it up. Crisis averted. Lesson learned. We in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment